WHO WE ARE
LAMARA LONDON (‘our’ ‘we’ or ‘us’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the GDPR and DPA (18). This notice provides you with the relevant information regarding your rights and explains how we manage your data.
LAMARA LONDON registered office is at Awana Limited Adler Shine LLP, Aston House, Cornwall Avenue, London, Middlesex, N3 1LF and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 14163556.
We can be contacted at email@example.com.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
LAMARA LONDON are the controller of your personal data and we process your personal information in line with our legal obligations and to provide you with the services associated with our products. We are committed to and have processes in place to avoid ever collecting any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in a way that differs from the purposes specified in this document.
The personal data that we collect from is: -
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Telephone/mobile number
- Call Recordings of calls made to our customer services team
- When you registered online at our website
- When taking notes during job interviews
- Requesting information to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK
- Your employment history (CV)
- IP Address (via analytics)
- Data on how you use our website (via analytics)
- Your approximate location data based on your IP address (via analytics)
- When processing telephone orders we take your card details – we do not store this information and have strict policies and training to ensure your card details are not stored. We abide by PCI-DSS security standards for transmission of payments.
NB – All online financial transactions are completed outside of our systems and we have no access to your financial data.
We collect information in the below ways: -
- When you register online
- In dealing with enquiries either by phone, email or face to face
- When you use our support services
- When you provide services to us (Contractors)
- When you apply for a position with our organisation
NB. We never collect data from public sources
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your privacy is taken very seriously by LAMARA LONDON and we commit to never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law and the methods detailed below (see Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information). Retention of your data is only for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- We collect your identity data to provide you with the products that you have ordered
- We collect the data about how you use our website to enable us improve your browsing experience and maintain and improve the security of our website. This is based on our legitimate interests to maintain security and make our site easy to use.
- We also process your data based to comply with UK tax law
- For our newsletter and promotional marketing emails. Each email we send you will include the facility to unsubscribe from the service. Alternatively you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request not to be sent marketing emails. At this point we will delete all your personal data from our marketing database, and if we do not have any legal basis any other information held about you (If you have ordered from us previously we have to keep some personal data). When we delete your information we maintain some anonymised information to comply with the law so that we have a record of your request.
- We collect your data when you promote or sell your services and products to us.
- Via cookies to assess and improve our security and improve user experience
- Via Social Media, when you contact us to answer your questions
- When you apply for a job with us, to assess your suitability for the role
- When you provide identity data having been offered a position with us
THE LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR DATA
We process data based on the following legal basis:
When you buy something from us or make enquiries regarding our products – Performance of a Contract
- Where you provide services to us (Contractors) - Performance of a Contract
- Where we keep records of sales – Legal Obligation
- Where you request promotional emails and newsletters – Consent
- Where, as clients we send you promotional emails and newsletters – Legitimate Interests to promote our business.
- Where we use information from your usage of the site (via cookies) – Legitimate Interests
- Where you engage with us via Social Media – Legitimate Interests / Negotiating a Contract
- When we process your data as part of our recruitment process, we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in doing so to ensure an effective recruitment process.
- When processing data related to your eligibility to work in the UK we do this on the basis of our legal obligation
- When we process special category data as part of our recruitment process this is to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment. All special category data is subject to additional security measures.
Whenever we use legitimate interests as our legal basis for processing, we always undertake a testing process to ensure that our legitimate interests do not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
You have the right of access to any personal information that LAMARA LONDON processes about you and to request what information we hold.
If you believe that the data we hold is incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct that information. We will provide corrections in as shorter period of time as is reasonable.
You have the right to withdraw consent for our newsletter, by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe option in all newsletters and marketing material we send.
Under certain circumstances (depending on the legal basis we are using to process your data) you also have the right to restrict processing or request erasure of your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. We do not undertake any automated decision making that would implicate any risk to your rights and freedoms.
You have the right to object to us undertaking profiling of your data (which we do to make advertising more relevant to you). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to port your data to another service – we will undertake this in a safe and secure manner
If you would like to us to undertake any actions based on your rights, we may ask you to confirm your identity.
SHARING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. LAMARA LONDON uses the companies we partner with to provide the below services and business functions, however all these companies (processors) are acting in accordance with our instructions and in line with the details described in this privacy notice, each processor has provided us with assurances with regard to the security of your data.
- Mailchimp – they provide email services for our newsletter
- Google – (Joint. Controller) they provide analytic services (via cookies)
- How Google uses your data
- Facebook (Joint. Controller)
- Shopify – they provide software for our website
In addition, we also share your data for these services:
- For the purposes of IT Support and Security
- For order processing
- For accounting purposes
- For Communication purposes
- For the purposes of customer support
We may share your data with a 3rd party as part of the due diligence afforded to any company wishing to invest in or buy our company.
THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR
LAMARA LONDON do not store credit / debit card details or your financial information.
LAMARA LONDON use third party payment processors Stripe and Clearpay for all payment processing. Lamara London does not store credit card details and instead relies on the third-party payment processor in the previous list of companies for this service.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR DATA
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to LAMARA LONDON, however, as some of this information is required as part of our registration and ordering process, you will not be able to order products without providing this.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
LAMARA LONDON have strict review and retention policies in place to meet our obligations and we only retain personal data for as long as is for the purposes we have specified. UK tax law requires us to keep your personal data for a 6-year period (plus current year) after which time it will be destroyed.
Where we have your consent for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us to withdraw your consent.
Where you have applied for a position within the organisation, we destroy all CV’s and associated communication 6 months after the position has been filled. In some circumstances we may want to keep your details for a longer period, at which point we will write and ask
SPECIAL CATEGORIES DATA
LAMARA LONDON never knowingly processes your special category (or sensitive) personal data (see exception below). In the unlikely circumstance that you do, we employ additional security measures to ensure the security of that data.
Where you provide us with information relating to health, religion or trade union membership (or any other data which constitutes special category data) during the recruitment process, we ensure additional security measures are employed by way of both process and technical means to maximise protection from unauthorised access or loss.
LAMARA LONDON never knowingly processes children’s data.
LODGING A COMPLAINT
Please tell us if you're not happy with how we've handled your personal information. You are also entitled to make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
PRIVACY NOTICE REVIEW
We regularly review this Privacy Notice. If we make changes they'll be updated here, and we will place a prominent notice on our website.
This privacy notice was updated on 11th March 2023.
Well done for getting to the bottom of this policy. We have designed it to be as transparent, useful and engaging as possible and we would love to hear your feedback on how we can make it even better - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please don’t make this the last time you read it as we will post any changes on this page - significant changes will of course be notified to you by email.